Pre-Felton acquisitions included:
- Dish, Delft ware, c.1500. Donated by F.G.Dalgety 1862. NGV 505A-D1M
- De Grieksche A Pottery (Jan Theunis Dextra), Delft: Shaving bowl (1758-64). Donated by F.G.Dalgety 1862. NGV 504C-D1M: see photo at right
Both pieces listed above were donated by Dalgety in 1862.
The shaving bowl is from the famous pottery operated from 1657-1818, under successive masters (Dextra was in charge from 1757-65). Other ceramic pieces from the same pottery, acquired after 1904/5, are also in the NGV collection.
For De Greiksche A, see e.g. https://www.delftsaardewerk.nl/en/ontdekken/plateelbakkerij/de-grieksche-a-1657-1818 and https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Grieksche_A (both accessed 16 April 2020)