[photo: engraving from Victoria Illustrated 1862 (SLV)]
A print listed in both NGV 1865 and AR 1870-71 as an anonymous engraving of “Church of England Grammar School,” is identified here, provisionally, as the image of Melbourne Grammar School from Victoria Illustrated (after Gill), first published in 1857 (2nd ed., 1862).
The State Library holds the complete 2nd edition of Victoria Illustrated (acquired after 1905?): plate 21 reproduced here. Implausibly, the engraver relocates the scene to the English countryside (a characteristic of the series criticized by Australian contemporaries).
NGV 1865, p.40 (Engravings, no.4; artist/s not named); also listed in PF (no.407), under 1868; AR 1870-71, p.34: Engravings (framed); not listed in NGV 1894 or 1905
See SLV catalogue: Victoria Illustrated, 1862 series, plate 21 (details and reproduction as shown here). For local criticism of the English inflection added by the engravers, see Grishin S.T.Gill (2015), pp.120ff.